Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 29, 2014 - Is President Uchtdorf a ghost?

Hello!
     This week has been pretty sweet. We had Elder Zwick of the Seventy come visit our mission. One of my favorite things he said was to tell yourself, " I will never limit myself by what I think is my capacity. I will allow the Lord to expand my capacity and He will." This is so true. This is definitely the Lord's work because I am so imperfect that nothing would get done if I was doing this by myself. Elder Zwick made a point of also saying "therefore, what?" I have tried writing that down at the end of my studies. It will be a great thing to do during conference this weekend. What am I willing to change because what I have learned?
     This week we also watched the Women's Conference. It was great! Ronika loved it and cried during the temple video. As for Sylvia, she enjoyed it but is also a very distracted 17 year old deaf girl. A sampling of her comments: "What time is the food? Why aren't all their sleeves the same length? What size shoe do you wear? My mom's feet shrank 2 sizes before she died. Is that man (President Uchtdorf)  a ghost?" The best was when she started mimicking the choir conductor. She is a hoot. Hopefully she will pay more attention next week when they set up the interpreter instead of just closed captioning :)
     This week we had exchanges and met some crazy people! There was a super high man that kept trying to sit on an invisible chair in the middle of the street. Then he started clapping and counting. His neighbors came by to make sure he didn't do anything. Then we met a man who told us that we don't believe in God, we believe in the stones. We just couldn't convince him that we don't pray to rocks.
     You know your trainer has been a missionary too long when: she says "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen," instead of "bye" when leaving a voicemail. Good grief :)
     Also, that awkward moment when the phone is in your purse and you accidentally call the Spanish elders and they listen to you proselyte for 17 WHOLE MINUTES. That was quite the laugh too.
     Well, I love y'all and pray for you!
Peace out,
 Sister Nielsen
    
Elder Jackson posing like his grandma, Gladys Knight.

Last dinner with the Smith family before Eric leaves for his mission in Ogden


Sis G is just a baby compared to Hakeem! He is only 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment