Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014 - 7 Stitches (Warning!! Pictures are not so pretty!)

Hello all!
Guess what happens when you forget to pray before leaving the apartment? You get 7 stitches. Saturday was the first day that I rode my shiny new bike from the McGraths. We were going 3 miles to Ray's house and I made it just fine. But, as I was in the driveway trying to get off my bike, me and my bike fell on the ground. I caught myself and thought I was fine, but, surprise! The gears put a nice gash in my leg. As I was crying, Sister Grindstaff talked to Ray, who was sick and didn't have a bandaid. Fortunately, a less active who is never home had come back to her house to put something in the fridge. She is a nurse and she wrapped up my leg real good. Then we called Brother Walker, a doctor in our ward. His wife came to get us to drive us to their house. He said it wasn't necessarily deep enough for stitches, but did them so it would scar less, and because Sis G wanted a cool story. His wife thought I should leave it so I would have "a cool tattoo." But, Brother Walker put stitches in my leg right in his living room and Sis G helped. She was so excited. Moral of the story: don't forget to pray.
     Saturday was rough for everyone: my stitches, the other sisters had their bikes stolen, and the elders' recent convert had a heart attack during their lesson (don't worry she's okay now).
     This week was really rough (big bug bites, people who have been investigators forever being mad at us for asking them to be baptized, me and Sis G were sick, I have sties in both my eyes, etc), BUT church yesterday was so worth it. Ray finally made it. Ray is our only investigator with a baptismal date. He is a black guy in his 50s that loves to talk and has the softest voice and classy glasses. He has been searching for truth since he had his "come to Jesus" moment in prison. He loves the Book of Mormon. So yesterday at church, he got up the last second to bear his testimony, and it was amazing! He talked about how he has gone to so many churches and there is always something wrong with them. His family asked him why he wanted to study with the missionaries, and he told them that the churches he has gone to with them are wrong. They weren't happy, but he knows that he has to fear God more than man. Then he looked at us and said, "I have been searching for the truth and I have finally found it. So please pray for me because I am going to do all I can to have it in my life." Oh man. This is what missionary work is about! All the bad things that happened this week don't matter because I am here to support Ray, to help those who want this truth so bad. So pray for Ray!
I love you all! Have a good week!
Love,
Sister Nielsen
 


 
Me looking sad and waiting for a ride.

 
after

before
 
7 stitches

Black Mickey
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment