Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014 - Elvis Stories

Dear everyone,
Email time is so stressful, oh man. 
This week was great, I am loving Arkansas. 
Deaf culture: I love getting texts from deaf people. You have to remember, English is a second language for deaf people. This is a text from Sylvia: I'm soon birthday I'm happy 17th age. She is so cute. 
Also, it is really funny when she accidentally calls us. "Hey, I am getting a call from my deaf friend."
The South: I love Church's Chicken. It is like KFC but cheaper and better and greasier. After eating it, I feel greasy but completely satisfied. 
Elvis: People have great Elvis stories down here. Apparently there is a member in Southhaven Mississippi who read the Book of Mormon because Elvis did and then got baptized. A member here told us that her aunt took her to see Elvis at his gate, but she never got up the nerve to talk to him so her aunt never took her again. 
Our investigators: Ray and Tiarra will hopefully get baptized soon. Please pray for them, they have some big concerns to over come! 
The members: Members are awesome. The Lewises, a convert black couple, came to lessons with us and they help so much. They are so cute and funny and share their testimonies with lots of power! 
I love you all, the church is true!
Sister Nielsen 
Me and Sister Dube, an awesome spanish sister we live with. She is from Zimbabwe but has lived in England, so she has a great accent. I had a few slices of melon, but she ate the rest in one day! 


Ronika,, our awesome deaf member, she is a trooper. It's good she is the first deaf member here, she'll be a pioneer.


Eric, the ward missionary is bffs with all the missionaries. He is coming to Ogden on his mission soon, so if you see him please feed him! 


Sweet murals under the bridge by our house. Lots of cool quotes, I love it. 


Me and Hermana Johnson at the zoo. So fun!


A bunny that hangs out outside our apartment.


We accidentally wore the same outfit. It was embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment