Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015 - Easter and General Conference

Hey y'all!
     I hope you enjoyed Easter and General Conference this week, I know I sure did! I loved watching General Conference. One of my favorite parts was watching it at Bronzie's house. We had it playing in English, Spanish, and ASL. It is so cool that people have the chance to hear the gospel in the "language of their heart." Also, I loved how Elder Holand talked about how Easter is celebrating the victory over not only death, but all the sorrows, pains, and sins we have ever experienced. Wow, that is a pretty special day! I am so grateful I had the chance to remember that this weekend.
     This week something we are working on is helping ward members with ASL. We have a few we are working with who will start interpreting prayers in church soon, and then continue to practice until they can do more in church meetings. We have some that don't know ASL at all, but are super excited to learn so they can talk to the deaf members. It is great to see everyone willing to do the work so our ward can be unified.
      Something else cool this week: we finally set a baptism date with Sonya, our deaf investigator. She is very excited and willing to be baptized, and wants her children to be baptized as well. We are starting to build a relationship with her kids, and they love basketball so will hopefully be coming to the church for that this week. Her family is great! We are so excited for them. I can just picture her kids as missionaries. They will be great.
      I love you all, have a great week! 
Sister Nielsen
Saying goodbye to Hermana Mitchell :(

Eating at Gus's Fried Chicken.
 

Watching conference in three languages.

Bronzie's cute kids Brody, Bray-Bray, and Ty. Can you believe Ty is only 13?!?

After Conference with the Prices...

and the elders.

Enjoying Easter with Sister Price.

Girls' day at Sonic.

Giving Pollito his first hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment