Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 27, 2015 - MIRACLES HAPPEN

Hey y'all!
So this week was pretty good. We didn't have a car so we walked and walked and walked. There was one day we walked 8 miles and only taught 1 lesson. BUT, the Lord sees our efforts, and MIRACLES HAPPEN. On Sunday a deaf investigator and two deaf members who haven't been to church for a month, all showed up!I loved seeing deaf people sitting there. 
The deaf investigator: his name is Mario, some other sisters started teaching him but got transferred, so now we are teaching him. He lives about an hour from the church, but decided to try coming to Southaven where all the deaf are. He is from Mexico, so his signing is a mix of ASL and MSL (Mexican Sign Language), so we are still trying to figure out the best way to teach him. In Sunday School, Sister Garcia watched me interpret, then wrote it down in Spanish for him. Very complicated, but we will find a way! 
Can I just tell you how much I love the Book of Mormon?! Seriously, this week I have been reading in Alma about the sons of Mosiah. Everything is so applicable to my mission right now - people are stuck in their traditions, they have anti people coming to destroy the work, and they experience one trial after another. However, they have faith and many mighty miracles happen. I know the Book of Mormon is true and Christ is my Savior, and through Him I can do all things. With the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love y'all!
Sister Nielsen 

Memphis
 



Mississippi River

P-Day adventure with Bronzie!


Deaf people in church! (the one sitting by me isn't deaf, but the rest are, and then the one sitting behind me is deaf too)
 

What's an eight mile walk without some ice cream?


Sister Parr took us to lunch in her volvo- his name is Edward.

Bronzie took us to Cheddar's for lunch and a lesson with Mario. We are very spoiled missionaries.

P-Day fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment