Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sister Bangs - August 8. 2014

Hello family and friends!

This week I got my name sign from Bro Peterson! It is pretty much "Sister Bangs." You make the letter n and sweep it across you forehead in the shape of my bangs. I am excited to finally have a sign name!
 
In other news, I broke my companion. Well, almost. We were teaching our investigator that has no language, and I was drawing some pictures on the chalk board for him. Sister Backus came up behind me and I accidentally elbowed her in the ribs. She's been telling people I'm abusive, and I've been telling people I have a voodoo doll of her somewhere. We ended up going to the doctor because she hurt so bad. He took an x-ray. Her ribs aren't cracked, but I bruised her cartilage pretty good, and the doctor said she'll hurt for a few weeks. The medicine she got makes her super crazy, so she just has to go to bed. She slept all day and all night. I feel pretty bad. 

Other things: Sister Backus and I love to have smile-offs, Jimmy Fallon style. Our teachers think we are freaks. We just think we're hilaritous. We also really like the group of missionaries from Tonga in our hall. They are very friendly and they have no personal space bubble. They are so cute and funny. One of  the sisters the other day took off her shoes and was showing us how soft and clean her feet were after only one week in America. She says in Tonga they only wear shoes for church! She is just so cute, we love running into her. 
 
Well, that's about all! I can't get pics to work, but hopefully next week I can show you our epic twin day! 

The church is true! Love you guys!
Sister Nielsen
Sister Backus caught taking a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment