Friday, August 1, 2014

MTC Hump Day - August 1, 2014

Hello Ladies and Gents, Family and Friends!

I am half way done with the MTC! For our hump day we celebrated with a few sips of apple cider and about 5 skittles from Sister Abeling's mom. 
 
Funnies: Elder Christensen always whines about being color blind. Sister Brown says, "Oh, then you can't see me." "Sister Abeling, where is you companion? I can't see her!"
Elder Jackson had some cake at dinner and Sister Abeling asked where he got it. "It's gluten free...I mean, it's only for deaf people." Later he asked her where she got the garlic bread and she said, "Over there, but it is only for hearing people." So funny. 
We found out this week that Sister Abeling's life dream is to interpret a Macklemore concert. Just so you all know.
 
Advantages of ASL: You can talk with you mouth full, pray with your eyes open, and talk across the cafeteria with out yelling.
The ASL Book of Mormon: Took 14 years to make, is 60 hours long, the lady had to start wearing a wig, and she was pregnant 2 or 3 times during filming. Wow!
 
Exciting: Our teacher, Brother Peterson, who is deaf, played the piano for us. It was excellent! He plays very well, but he has no idea if he messes up. The best part was he played "True to the Faith" and looked over at us and sang "Noooooooooo." It was the only time we've heard his voice.
 
Very exciting: This week for the devotional, Brother Groberg came . He is the missionary from the move "The Other Side of Heaven." I have never seen it , but I wish I had. He talked about how important bearing testimony is. He said six important ways to bear testimony: what we say, what we do, what we sing, how we pray, what we write, and who we are. His wife talked before him and very simply bore her testimony. That really showed me how powerful testimony is. It allows the spirit to testify to people's hearts. All the ASL missionaries discussed it afterwards, and the best was Elder Jackson saying how much he loved the closing song, "I know that My Redeemer lives." He said he doesn't really like when we sing, but those lyrics are very powerful on their own.
 
     I want to write my testimony to you all. I know that my Savior lives and that through Him, all of us can be made whole. I know that this is His work and He is supporting and watching over us. I know this is where I am meant to be. I know Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that people can feel the Spirit and know the Gospel is true when they read it, or watch it, or look at the pictures, because the Spirit is in all of that. President Monson truly talks to God. The Atonement can always change lives and applies to everyone. The Church is true. I am a representative of Jesus Christ and His name has more power than any other. I love Him. I say these things in His name, amen. 
 
I love you all!
Sister Nielsen
Vanhin (Elder) Wilson, going to Finland. He was one of Payton's roommates. 

Sister Malone from marching band

Sister Lundberg, such a brave soul! She left this week, I love her!

We dressed up like Power Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment