Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 7, 2015 - Healing

Hey y'all!
This week was off to a great start. Monday we met a cool new investigator Keyon. He lives two houses down from some members. He has read a little of the Book of Mormon before and accepted the invitation to read more. We went back and he had been reading every night at work! He asked us why our church is different and if it matters where we go since we all worship Christ. We taught him a little about the Restoration and plan to teach his whole family together soon.
Sunday we felt prompted to change our plans and go finding on a certain street. It was inspired, we definitely found who God wanted us too! There was a lady from Kenya. She was pleased that we were "building God's kingdom" and she comprehended very well when we discussed prophets. She is a smart lady. Then we met her neighbor, he let us right in and asked us to share our message. We taught him the whole Restoration and he was very receptive and grateful. We had lots of good contact with the rest of the street, many of them were foreigners and many of them had had good contact with the church before.
Sunday we also had the great chance to teach the Gospel Doctrine class and talk about how we can share the new "A Savior is Born" video with our friends. The members had lots of great ideas, like putting a pass along card on the plates of cookies they give to their neighbors, or giving one to an overwhelmed cashier. They are great member missionaries and excited to share the things that are important to them.
I love the two videos and have been thinking lots about how we need a Savior. One thing I have learned a lot about lately is "healing." In 3 Nephi, Christ keeps saying how we can be healed as we come unto Him. It gives me so much hope to know that when I feel disappointment, guilt, anxiety, pain, or sadness, I have a Savior who can heal me. Those feelings won't stay forever. The bad days or weeks or months will come to an end. I am not stuck in my sins or sorrow. Christ can fix the mistakes that I can't. Even though I hate times when I feel any of these negative things, it brings me closer to the Savior and I must rely on the hope I have in Him. And I love what President Packer said, that physical wounds leave scars when they heal, but when our spirit heals, there are no scars. I am eternally grateful for a Savior heals me and makes me whole.
Love,
Sister Nielsen
Our baby Christmas tree.


Fried Oreos. Tasty, but worth a heart attack? I think not.


Sister Kent took us to Popeye's, she's our favorite.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment