Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 12, 2015 - A Pretty Fabulous Week

Hola!
This week has been a pretty fabulous week to end a mission on! Monday we had a fun secret Santa with the other missionaries. The long-sleeve, full-length, button-up plaid dress Sister Bryce got was top notch. And of course don't forget the shoulder pads. Then we had some great lessons. We went to see some less active teenagers and shared the "A Savior is Born" video with all ten kids in the house. They were mesmerized. We showed them a few more. The mom said, "Man I got to get me an iPad if it keeps them that quiet," but we knew it was the Spirit, not the iPad. It was a really precious experience and I'm so glad to be a missionary and share a little bit of the gospel with children who need it so much.

Tuesday all the sisters went to Little Rock for sisters day. We did a project to make 10000 meals for people in the mission area. Arkansas is number one in food instability. We funneled different dry ingredients into packages that were then sealed. It was really cool. Then we learned a dance, did crafts, made fudge and Oreo balls, and caroled to the elderly. It was a great day and I got to see all my friends in the mission one last time.

Wednesday was a wild exchange with the sister training leaders, complete with ex-Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, and a dog peeing on Sister Jones' shoes.

Thursday was the Christmas zone conference. We ate Christmas dinner, watched a movie, had a talent show, and even played the "left right" game, which I thought was hilarious. Then that night our plans to go to the Relief Society activity became a wreck, but instead we found a great new investigator and had a good ASL class. Beth, a non-member who attends the class, gave us the cutest gifts. The night turned out great.

Yesterday we really focused on talking with everyone and sharing the Christmas video. We went up to a group of people outside a super-decked out house and turns out, their sister got baptized last year and they have been wanting to know more about the church! Yay!

Today I've been packing, then tonight is the ward Christmas party. Monday is the temple then Tuesday I'll be home! I am so grateful for my experience as a full-time missionary, it is priceless. I know the Book of Mormon is true, Christ is our Savior, and God is good. I love my Heavenly Father and am grateful for all He has done for me and all His children. I am so grateful for all the lessons I have learned, all the friends I have made, and all the miracles I have seen. Today in studies I was pondering if I accomplished all God wanted me to on my mission. I realized that it is not about what I did, it is about what He did. I have seen so many miracles by His hand. I am just blessed to be there to witness them and to do my small part. I'm eternally grateful for my mission and for my Savior. 

Thanks for all your support, I love y'all,
Sister Nielsen
The stake gave us these shirts for Christmas. It is a president Wakolo catch phrase.


ASL sisters at the sisters day. Our color scheme is super impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment