Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015 - Trio

Hi friends!
The big news this week: we are a trio! We were super surprised and excited to get Sister Cawley, an English sister who knows ASL. She is from LA, loves Taco Bell, has a deaf cousin, and is a rockstar missionary. Also she and Sister Kennach are just destined to be companions, they both talk about Red Lobster's "cheddar-bay biscuits" all the time. I'm going to have to try them and see what all the fuss is about. 
 
So in two weeks, I will be transferred to Bartlett, TN. I will be training an new sister and also opening the area for ASL. God apparently has a lot more stuff for me to learn. We have a few deaf leads up there, and there is an interpreter in the ward. And a deaf less active from our ward is moving up there, and a less active in that ward is willing to come help interpret, so I think it is going to be great!  A few weeks ago I was thinking, "They really should open up Bartlett," I just didn't think I would be the one to do it.  

This week the weather wasn't too bad for walking at all, we were pretty blessed. We are still teaching Patrice, she is so ready. We also found out her sister has been reading the Book of Mormon too, so we will hopefully start teaching her. 

I had an awesome experience with following the very quiet voice of the spirit. We had no idea what to do on Thursday, so Wednesday night we wrote down some plans the best we could, then prayed for more inspiration to come. That night I felt we should go over by Rasco Road. The Hermanas were going there, so we caught a ride. We knocked on a door and the lady let us in. Her mom came out and said, "Hey, that's my church!" She hasn't been to church for 30 years, and her name isn't on our role. The night before she and her daughter had been talking about religion, and we were able to answer a lot of their questions. It was so cool that we were led to them by the Spirit at the time they were ready. I feel like I have knocked every door in that area, but I didn't knock on that one until the right time. The Spirit is just awesome. Also the Hermanas set a baptism date at their appointment, it was a great day for everyone :)

Well, I love y'all! Have fun with school, work, missionary work, whatever you are up to. 
Yours truly, 
Sister Nielsen
Late pics from Uncle Lou's. Fried pickles, yum!


Our feet after a long day of walking. EW!

Another pic of bowling last week.

Sister Kennach, Sister Cawley

Sister Kennach, Sister Cawley, and of course Sister Peyson.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment