Friday, August 14, 2015

August 10, 2015 - Follow God and Be Happy

Hey y'all!
Hope you are doing fabulous!
This week we found a very elect family: a mom and her two kids, and then parents of a newborn son all in one house. They have great questions. We read the BOM intro with them and they were excited about everything they were learning. Their eyes would get wide with each new principle. They even downloaded the gospel library app right then and there. They are willing to be baptized as well. They have been looking for truth for a long time and all the things we taught them made sense to them.

This week in my studies in Mosiah, I have noticed a simple theme: follow God and be happy, follow Satan and be miserable. I know that the only way to be happy is to do God's will with a willing and happy heart. I am so grateful for the simplicity of the gospel.

Other great news: we met a super awesome deaf family who we found in our area book! We were up by the temple, and we decided to go see them, and they seem pretty open. The parents and several of their children are deaf, which is very rare. I am excited to start teaching them!

So Hermana Hudson and Hermana Ponce are being transferred, and I will be transferred on September 1 and train a new ASL sister (ASL sisters come mid transfer). Sounds stressful but I am sure I will learn tons. So that's what happening in my neck of the woods. Have a great week everyone, love you!
Sister Sharly Nielsen

We are spoiled, eating at another diners drive ins and dives.



Bowling for Hermana Ponce's birthday, and our last hoorah since a lot of us are being transferred. The whole time I have been with Hermana Ponce she told me her birthday was August 22. I didn't find out until half way through the day that it was actually today. Silly girl.

Exchanges, got to spend the day with these fun girls


More food, the only frozen yogurt I've had on my mission. It was much needed!

Fried green tomato burger from the Dip.

Spaghetti squash stir fry,yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment