Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 20, 2015 - Yay Us!

Hey y'all!

     So I'm trying to remember what all happened this week. I do remember that is was walk week and it was the supposedly the hottest week of the year. Yay us!
 
     Now I'm starting to remember: Tuesday we walked a good Southern minute in the heat. Then when we got out of some iPad training, it was started to rain. We walked and sang "Called to Serve" down the highway, and it just poured. It was lots of fun, and some sweet people gave us ponchos. After about 10 minutes, the Hermanas found us and picked us up. Thank goodness because the fun was starting to wear off :)
 
     Tuesday night we were teaching Eva and she couldn't remember what she read in the Book of Mormon that morning. Finally she remembered. She told us she had a dream and she remembered that before we came, she had been praying to find the true religion because she didn't believe all the things at her church (she convinced US that the Trinity is false doctrine). In her dream she heard a voice say she was doing the right thing. She told us she is like Joseph Smith. So awesome, she is so ready for baptism! 
     This week we taught Shyraneka about the temple. She loves it and has been asking questions all week. She wants to go to the temple so bad. It is great, because really the temple, not baptism, is the end goal for this work.
 
     We have taught Nautica and Terenzo with some members this week. They are just sweet, I love them. This week they really have been praying about if the church is true. Terenzo in his prayer said, "God I don't know if this church is true, but I hope it is. Help us know." He has been reading the Book of Mormon too. I asked him how he feels at church and he said, "Neat." He was talking about going to college and we suggested he can go on a mission too. He said, "Yeah, I can be like a spy." We told him we meant a mission for the Lord, but he likes that too. I love those kids. I love teaching young people like them and Shyraneka because they have so much ahead of them: missions, marriage in the temple, raising their children in the gospel. Love it.
 
     Well, things are great here in Mississippi, I hope y'all have a fantastic week in your little corner of the world. I love you!
Sister Nielsen 
 


My stylin' poncho. Sunburned and soaking wet to the point my lips turned blue. #walkweek

P day at the park.

We party hard.

Last week we went teaching with Sister Cooper. And I was really excited to wear my new clothes from Mom.

Made Minion Twinkies.

Pictures from Bronzie of our adventures in Memphis.







Just looking cute at specialized training:)


Hermana Mitchell (Janessa now) came to say hello.
With Sister Aase at specialized training.

No comments:

Post a Comment