Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015 - Mississippi

Hello!
So things are still going great here in Mississippi. I just love that word, "Mississippi." This week I had my year mark for my mission, and I am so glad I decided to serve. I have learned so much and seen so many miracles, it is wonderful. 

This week we had some great lessons with Shyraneka and some members. She is progressing very well towards baptism. She has great questions, reads the Book of Mormon a ton (and understands it), comes to church, and accepts all the commitments we give her. I am so excited for her and can just envision her being baptized, going to the temple, and going on a mission. She is awesome!

Eva is still doing well, we are just working on setting a baptism date. Nautica and Terenzo are doing good too, we are excited to teach their family tonight. Terry had a temple recommend interview yesterday, and Brother Foote will help him prepare his dad's name for baptism. I love interpreting for recommend interviews, it helps me see the eternal perspective of this work. 

Also great is yesterday we met and taught a deaf girl named Kylisha. She lives pretty far, but she really wants to come to church. She is very smart and has lots of good questions. She really desires to learn about the Savior. Yesterday she asked why the people killed Him. I explained that the people were wicked and didn't believe Him, and that is why they wanted to kill Him. I explained that regardless Christ was willing to suffer and die so we can overcome our sins and be resurrected. She thought that was just beautiful. It was amazing to see her light up as she started to understand the Savior's role. I am so grateful to share my testimony and see people come to a knowledge of the Atonement. I know the Atonement is real. 

Have a great week y'all, love you!
Sister Nielsen 
Getting our BFF from the airport and eating a cake to celebrate.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment