Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 18, 2015 - The Book of Mormon is amazing

Hey y'all! 
     First of all, I am training! I am very excited to meet this new sister. Of course, I am very sad for Sister Garcia to leave :( And Hermana Ponce will be training again! She didn't even finish training Hermana Hudson. This will only be Hermana Ponce's third transfer, but this will be her second trainee. I guess everyone needs her native Spanish skills. 
     This week, Sister Garcia got an ear infection from her hearing aid. That was a bummer. After a gabillion phone calls we got some ear drops figured out. One of the doctors on the phone asked, "Why am I talking to you instead of Sister Garcia?" I said, "Because she is deaf." "What? Why is she deaf?" "I don't know, she's been that way since she was 7." What a funny question, to ask, "why she is deaf?". When I told Sister Garcia that, she said, "I don't know, ask God. I have been wondering that myself." Her infection has been healing pretty good.
     This week we taught our investigator Brother Bobbit. He is loving the Book of Mormon. He has read a ton and is already applying it to his life. This week we taught him the Plan of Salvation after he asked what happened to his brother who died without a belief in God. We read a lot in the Book of Mormon with him, and it was cool to see that it answered his questions of the soul. The Book of Mormon is amazing, I love it!
Hope y'all have a good week. Love you!
Sister Nielsen 
     
The Lowry's bird pinkie is quite the character. He is never quite unless he can cuddle with Brother Lowry. 
This Mississippi weather has a little crazy. The weather was nice, it was all good, then Sister Garcia said a prayer before we got out of the car. When she looked up, she was very surprised to see it was raining cats and dogs! These sporadic downpours have been happening all weekend. 

With some deaf members Jelena, Bryan, and Terry.

Visiting some other members, the Flemings.

Crystal and Allen's cute kids, Max and Mazie

Our district.

The Foote family. We had really yummy pizza with them this week. They are super awesome and are learning ASL and their baby Oliver is just the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment