Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 8, 2014 - New Companion, Sister Jensen

   This week has been a wee bit crazy! Sis G and our roommate Sis Johnson went home this week, I miss them a lot! Then I was with Hermana Warner and Hermana Ives for a bit. We packed up an apartment since they are closing Hermana Ives' area. Then we taught a lot in Spanish. That was fun, it was cool to see that I could still feel the spirit in lessons, even though I could only follow a few words.
    Then on Wednesday I got my new companion, Sister Jensen. Sis G trained her here in Little Rock, right before I got here, and then she has been serving in Southaven, Mississippi until this week. We are both excited to keep the deaf work here going. We are trying to find lots of deaf people to teach.
      For some reason though, we kept finding Spanish people to teach! We even had one guy call us into his car shop and teach us Spanish and we taught him English. I now know how to invite someone to church in Spanish, so that that will be helpful since we are running into Hispanics everywhere!
     Good news: Keith passed the sacrament this week! He loved it, and I was so proud of him for being so reverent (he can be quite the jokester). We are teaching him the water prayer in sign, so hopefully that will happen soon too!
     This week we had a few people tell us, "I'm not a good Christian," or "I'm not a good Mormon." It made me think of what makes us a good Christian. No one is perfect, so how do we be good? If we have faith and put forth our effort to follow Christ and to repent when we fall, then we can all become perfect through Christ. I am so thankful for that gift and I love our Savior!
     Have a holly jolly Christmas season y'all! I love you!
Sister Nielsen  

My new companion, Sis Jensen.
 
Decorating cookies with the Lokens, Bowies, and Sylvia.
 
 
 
A very Southern Christmas y'all...Santa upgraded from a sleigh!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment