Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 1, 2014 - Thanksgiving Wind-up

Hey you guys!
        I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and everyone is recovered from appendicitis (*cough cough* Uncle Warren). This week was crazy, between the holiday and Sis G preparing to go home today. We only have a few short hours together! Thanksgiving was fun, we ate with a family in our ward. Then on Saturday we ate fried turkey and mozzarella sticks with our Catholic neighbors. It was quite the party. We also had a gabillion dinners this week since everyone wanted to feed Sis G, so I am pretty full! We even went to breakfast at Chick fil A this morning with Tiarra so we could fit in one last meal! One of the best things we ate this week: pulled pork tacos with coleslaw on top. Soooooo good!
       This week we also went to the Museum of Discovery (I told everyone it was on Jimmy Fallon and they were convinced it would be cool). It was definitely the coolest thing in Arkansas I have seen thus far. They just had lots of little experiments, I'm pretty sure we were having just as much fun as the little kids there. My favorite: the tornado simulation, lying on a bed of nails, and petting a baby alligator. It was a fun last activity to have since a bunch of my friends are leaving this week.
       Yes, I did have spiritual experiences this week, I promise. There is a sweet blind lady in our ward who is stuck in a nursing home. This week we have been going to read the Book of Mormon to her. She loves it and gets teary-eyed every time we read it. She is such a sweetheart, and the Book of Mormon is so cool! I just love the spirit it brings and the strength it gives us every time we read. Scripture power is real y'all!
       I love you, hope everyone's week is fantastic!
Sister Nielsen
 
District meeting

Israel was baptized into the Spanish Branch...I wish you knew him, he is crazy!
Museum of Discovery


Lying on bed of nails!





 
Dinner with the Hawkes.

Chick-Fil-A with Tiarra.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment