Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 8, 2015 - I LOVE FIREFLIES

Hey y'all!
So first of all, can I just say I LOVE FIREFLIES. Actually, I prefer the word "lightning bug," it is just so cute. I saw them for the first time about a month ago, and now they are everywhere. One of the best things in the South, hands down. 
This week we got iPads. At first, I didn't want the change. Now I am starting to see they can be pretty useful. It is pretty cool to be able to pull up a video or conference talk to add to a lesson. Also pretty cool to have pretty much all the words of the prophets EVER in your hand. Technology is real good when used for good. 
Eva is doing great! She loved the Plan of Salvation, totally accepted to Word of Wisdom, and is really looking forward to her baptism. There was one day we really wanted a member to come to her lesson, but it didn't work out. Fortunately God knows what He is doing. Eva was really able to open up when it was just us. Of course, she gets more comfortable with others over time. I love her and am so excited for her. 
Today I was reading a talk from conference about "eternal perspective." He talked about how a little boy watched Michelangelo carve David, then asked, "How did you know he was in there?" I love that God knows the person that really is inside us. He knows our potential and who we can be. The world says it doesn't matter what we do and we should just "be ourselves," but God knows our true self and who we can be. We must follow Him to achieve that potential. He is the artist and will make us a masterpiece if we allow Him. 
Love y'all,
Sister Nielsen 
Lovin' these Mississippi trees.




These girls are ready to hit the road!


Out to lunch at Huey's.

Sister Mullen's b-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment